• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7n2 cpu problems?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Highlander

I am having some problems installing my barton 2500+. I had the computer running a 2000+ xp without a hitch.. uninstalled and installed barton no boot... the D-leds indicate a CPU problem with 2 red and 2 green... I put back the 2000+ again and still the same code.. tried the cpu on another computer, boots right up without a hitch.. what is the problem??? something I am missing or the board just went south?
Please let me know

Set J10 J11 pins to safe mode to force 100FSB and reset CMOS with the barton in and see what you get. Also make sure no lint dirt etc.... is in or around socket as a little peice of lint stopped me from booting once with a K7T Turbo years back

same thing... motherboard went south probably.. DAMMIT!!!... Any other suggestions???

Honestly I dont understand.. It was working without problems, lock ups or anything... removed processor and installed barton.. No boot and the 2 red 2 green error code...

Installed xp2000+ again... no boot... cleared CMOS... no boot...

Installed xp2000+ on another pc.. boot no problem

Installed barton on another pc.. boot no problems...

Static??

I did noticed that when I first installed the barton the PC would power up and suddenly power down 1 second later... I changed heatsinks and it then didn't do that but the forever processor error ...

Any thoughts???

only thing i can think of is do a deep clear of CMOS. unplug PSU and flick PSU switch also just to reset PSU. Put jumper on clear CMOS and leave it and take out the battery for about an hour and then try.

try this:
Take all parts off, take that mobo (wothout a case) and install basic things (cpu,video, ram, floppy, hdd) and try it.

i hope mobo is ok :)

Nothing...

I will leave it off without batt till tommorrow or something...

If it would have been a cmos problem it would have been solved the moment I reinstalled the old CPU...

WHy would it take a crap by exchanging CPUs???? COme on.. its not like some static or anything... I'll see...

That stinks... I hate dealing with all that crap. I cant understand how you board just decided one day it doesnt want to work anymore.

Reset the FSB Stake Pins on the MB. Both are ID as 100/133. Set them both to 100 and reboot. Once re-booted, Load Default Settings. Shut Computer off and reset stake pins back to 133/166 and re-boot.

Back