• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermal paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jofrad

Registered
for all you users of thermal paste for heatsink for the cpu, what brand of paste are you using, and how long have you had it on without changing it? and how long do you think it should stay before reapplying?

im thinking about using a thermal pad instead of a paste, i mite not be overclocking and i mite not be removing the hsf a lot too. do u think it would be better?

thermal pads are really bad they're really quite thick and hinder heat transfer.

Most ppl here would be using Artic Silver 3 or Artic Ceramique
I have used both and Ceramique is easier to use and have similar temps to AS3

I use AS2. I only reapply on new mounts or new hsfs/waterblocks. It should last quite long so you don't need to reapply unless you mess around with your cooling occasionally.

cherryp00t said:
thermal pads are really bad they're really quite thick and hinder heat transfer.

Most ppl here would be using Artic Silver 3 or Artic Ceramique
I have used both and Ceramique is easier to use and have similar temps to AS3

Just too add to cherryp00t's post...the thermal pad also has a bad habit of baking onto the CPU and heatsink...which is really bad...

I use AS3 and I apply it once every 3 to 4 months like it is stated in the directions...that is...if I can keep myself from messing with the HS and CPU...

Back