• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new case, radiator, and setup with much improved temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

I went to a mom and pop type shop today and bought a full server tower case for 5 whole dollars and the sticker on it said 486 so I didn't think much of it. When I got home and took the side of the case off I discovered a dual P2 mobo!! :D lotsa fun for later. Back to the story, I moved my dual system over to the new case after cleaning and painting it and had room for the old chevette HC and my eheim!! Now at 100% load running 2xfolding clients I am happy to report 44 and 46C on the procs which is down a good bit from the old setup @ 51c and 52C. it's also quieter with only one fan now :D . Only problem is that this case is enormous!! 27 inches tall to be exact. Room for 10x5.25 drives!! Just thought I would let all you know the great news :D thank you.

P.S. The old radiator was black ice extreme with the same fan that is currently in the system, Panaflo L1A.

ah ok i was 8 years and 2 weeks off

the reason i ask is cause under chinese calander there are 12 animals right? well each anamal has 1 of 5 elements and wood ( yes i know its not really a element but this is chinese we are talking about) is the most lucky and year of the wooden rabit is the luckyest of all signs and when you add virgo to it ou get the super luck sign

not that i believe in this stuff but im board and have nothing else to do today but look at useles info :(

now lets hope that my horoscope is right and that i won the lottery =)

if so i will be flying some members to japan for a big party =)

So I guess the improvement in temps was due to better airlfow inside the new case & the removal of clogging dust?

BTW Pretty neat to buy a case and find a free SMP mobo inside. I think I dreamed about having that happen once. ;)

Back