• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what does it mean when...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metalliphreak1

Registered
chassis fan, cpu fan, power fan suddenly stop running ? both MBM and asus probe said the fans stopped. then 2 started up again, only at about 1700 rpm with the CPU fan not running. restarted, all were not running. i felt air coming out of the power fan in the rear, the monitors still said zero.

asus p4p800 dlx running 10% OC turbo mode

btw, temps were still average for 4 minutes or so while the fans were supposedly not running; after that i turned the system off

wtf is this?

You should prob back away from running more then 1 hardware monitor at one time. Wierd crap happens and you can really screw up your system.

Use one of the other but dont have it so 2 different programs are accessing the sensors at the same time from windows.

Yeah....one monitor at a time. So are you sure the fans you think have stopped have really stopped or are you just going by what the monitors say????

it's all working fine now, this is a brand fin new system, i hope it was a monitor interaction error...will post again if it happens again, and i'll open the case to check the fans :)

Back