• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

28.8 and two comps on the same line. Playing WCIII on bnet this way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

For those of you who didnt think that it is possible I have been doing this for the past 4 months now and it works just fine. I know, a 28.8 connection is crap for dl times, but for online gaming in anything but a fps it works ok. We rarely get dropped from any games and the only thing that we have to do differently is when a map is to be dl'ed we have to wait for one to dl it then the other can join. When we first tried this I was blown away at how well it works lol :D

Say WHAT?! You're sharing a phone line connection?! Hahahaha, I tried to get my brother to let me do that. He had his doubts. Kudos if it works for you man.

-Jeff

Yep, it works great. I couldnt believe it when I tried it and it worked. It works just as good with the both of us on the same line as it did with us using seperate lines. 28.8 is not very fast, but I do get descent ping times in all but fps's. In fps's I get descent ping times till the action is good and heavy and there are a lot of people playing. If there are people playing a fps with me and thier comp is slow then it seems to slow me down tons. I was told, and have read that games transfer very little data back and forth, so it only makes sense that a 28.8 connection works for two people. One of these days I will get the satellite dsl, but will probably still use my landline connection to game since satellite dsl has horrible ping times.

Back