• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh-Oh Tick Tick Tick BOOOOOM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikolasmor

I tried the wire trick and this is pretty much what I got. If I put my 1700+ I get an ambulance siren, but not the normal one this one is down about an octave but has the same beat to it. The green light on the board disappears and and I have to shut down by cutting the PS. If I pop my old 1000 T-Bird in the slot I get nothing, blank screen no beeps, nothing. The boards red and GREEN light stays on but that's it. So my question is What exactly did I *screw* up. The MOBO itself or do I need a new CPU?

Post edited by Moderator

Sorry you're having issues, but that's no reason to use profanity, and bypass the profanity filter.

PLEASE DO NOT do this again.

Mr B
Forums Moderator

If you didn't do the wire trick correctly, there is a good chance that you killed the motherboard and the cpu. You may have killed one or the other though. If you have a definate working processor, try that in the board. If it still is having problems, try the CPU in a different motherboard and see if it works. If none of those options work you may have toasted them.

Did you make sure the memory, video card, and everything were seated properly? Did you make sure the CPU fan is plugges into the socket on the board? Did you make sure the motherboard isn't shorting out into the case? Those are some other things to check.

Hope you didn't kill anything. Best of luck to you.

Well I know everything is seated correctly, I think that because I am at least getting the high/low siren that it is now completely dead, I hope it's just the CPU anyone else?????/

It's suggested all the time but you may want to try resetting the cmos by moving the jumper over the reset postion or taking out the battery and letting it sit a few minutes. Best of luck to ya!!

Back