• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No 200Fsb for NF7S :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Purds

AMD XP 1700+
Abit NF7S Rev 2.0
1024M Kingston HyperX pc3000

I cant get this mobo to even do 191 let alone 200...highest I have managed to pull is 190x11, and I was gettin better out of my Epox 8RDA+...

currently I am at 1.93V to my CPU, 2.8 to the RAM...the RAM has tested in another rig to be stable up to 215...

also havin audio problems but I think I can figure those out without too much difficulty...

anyone have any ideas?

thanx...

First of all...have you raised the VDD voltage up...it takes more the 1.6v's for the VDD to be stable after 200+FSB...and the sound issue can be solved by cooling the SB...

one thing i have noticed on mine is that there is a few fsb it wont post so i just go past the problem ones for instance it was trying it yesterday it wont post at 220 but it will 221 222 and 223 was as fas as i could take it it would post a shut down or lock i use 1.5v on the chipset to get to 202

I feel ya brother.....have you made sure all of your bios settings are correct....take off fsb spread spectrum and te other spectrum and also take off the cpu throttling....turn on cpu interface......change your timmings to expert and set them to say 7 3 3 2.5 puch that ram voltage to 2.9.......change your board voltage from 1.6 to 1.7.....also I am considering this board has some problems with fsb.....like have you noticed it's the only board that doesn't officially support 3 1gig sticks at 3200 but only 2 at 3200 and 3 at 2700 so to me this shows it has some problems with ram fsb.......what I would do is trick the board into tinking your processor is supposed to be default 166 or 200....I will post the link in a sec....this I think is a board issue with fsb........as for the southbridge cooling I dunno if it really works....but applying some as3 to the northbride will probably help......are these sound issues occuring in counter strike or what?.....also what are your temps?

the RAM has been tested OK to 215 on another board...

I am not looking to hit 250 FSB here, but cracking the 200 mark which Abit *guarantees* would be nice...

Drop the FSB/DRAM ratio to 6/5 or 6/4, drop the cpu multiplier, raise the chipset voltage to 1.7 and then raise the FSB to 200. If it won't run with that combo of settings it is the chipset. :cool:

Ok, well, this almost relates to the guys problem, I used to be able to run at 200 fsb no problem, but then I started getting errors so I backed down to 180 MHz, thats still okay, but when I go back up to 200, it gets errors very quickly (less than a minute) which is gay, so I have done what deeppow suggested and changed the divider and its running quite happily at 200fsb, which is good, as that means its the mobo thats cocking up. But then again, I guess that means the ram is having the problems...

Memtest doest get errors, well I have run it only a few times for long periods but they were fine, and even now, it doesnt get any errors, though I will try again. It seems everything else does when the fsb is 200+ though... why is the program that is meant to test for memory problems not doing just that?!

MetalStorm I have the identicle problems.....my ram passes memtest at 12x200 FINE! no errors whatsoever...but it will error in Prime.....it really ticks me off!

MetalStorm said:
good idea deeppow, its just a pity that amd boards when running a-sync get crap bandwidth.
The nForce2 boards experience no added penalty for running async other than just the memory speed. Here is link to the plot of results.

treepop said:
MetalStorm I have the identicle problems.....my ram passes memtest at 12x200 FINE! no errors whatsoever...but it will error in Prime.....it really ticks me off!
Ya, I've seen the same thing and I still can't figure it out.

Hmm, well if others are also having this problem, then I'm starting to think it might be the type of ram that is the probem, I only say that becaues I have heard other people say that nForce boards do not like Kingston HyperX very much, and from what it seems, the problems are only ascociated with this memory... I dont know, I will post a thread about this problem and see if it is infact the Kingston brand that is the problem...

Back