• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333R and SB Live! Onwers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikieboyblue

KX7-333R and SB Live! Owners

Hello,

I would like to just get a quick taste of who is using a KX7 and a SB Live! with APIC MPS 1.4 enabled?

**** IRQs from Windows Device Manager ****

Here are my IRQs with APIC.

0 - System Timer
1 - Keyboard
6 - Floppy
8 - CMOS/Real time clock
9 - Microsoft ACPI-Comp. System
12 - Mouse
13 - Numeric data processor
14 - Prim. IDE
15 - Sec. IDE
16 - GeForce3
17 - SB Live! Series
17 - Ethernet Adapter
18 - HPT3xx ATA RAID Controller
21 - VIA USB
21 - VIA USB

Thanks!
Mike

Last edited:
If Your Having "conflict" problems (or suspect conflicts) you can go into your BIOS settings and Disable one of the serial ports (1 or 2) which in turn will free up IRQ 3 or 4 (preferably IRQ-3) this will/should allow "Windblows" to reassign ALL the IRQ's then your (preferably) Ethernet Adapter should jump from IRQ 17 (because you DO NOT want your soundcard sharing an IRQ with your Ethernet card :eek: ) to 3 or your SB live card will change its IRQ status, but more than likely windows will reshuffle "ALL" your IRQ's and this has in the past solved my IRQ conflicts such as Stuttering game play Online (looks like LAG but it isn't) and various other ANNOYING problems ;)

Now, if your IRQ's "do not" re-shuffle to your satisfaction, you just might have to move your cards around (different PCI slots) in order to obtain stable IRQ sharing status... :)

Hope that helps a bit, Best of luck!

DpGravy

Oh yeah, I usually don't like having anything sharing - in fact I'm way ahead of you :)....I am merely getting some info from users to see track the cases of problems with APIC enabled and SB Live Cards on KR7, KX7, KD7, KT7 and like boards.

Mike

Back