• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next Gen Compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

New2me

Registered
Just wondering if the slk 800U or 900U would fit the next generation in CPUs Prescott, Clawhammer and beyond?

Thankx.

Prescott will be coming out for the standard P4 slot, so if it works on a P4 it'll work on Prescott.

Hammer on the other hand, I'm not really sure, isn't it a proprietary and new shape? Anyone have any better data on this?

-Jeff

Hammer wears baggy pants and dances well.

But yeah... as long as they don't radically increase the thickness, or do something crazy like a terraced heat spreader, you won't have any problems with the Prescott. As far as beyond... who knows? My guess is no... they are likely to retire the P4 packaging eventually. Plus, I'm never wrong.

vonkaar said:
Hammer wears baggy pants and dances well.

But yeah... as long as they don't radically increase the thickness, or do something crazy like a terraced heat spreader, you won't have any problems with the Prescott. As far as beyond... who knows? My guess is no... they are likely to retire the P4 packaging eventually. Plus, I'm never wrong.

Don't know about dances well..........

Since your never wrong, will i be safe for 2 - 2.99725 yrs?

Back