• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*.bmp??? i HATE *.BMP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NOThelagak

ok, i got a question maybe someone can answer. for some reason whenever i go onto IE, and try to save any pictures my puter tries to save it as a bmp and wont let me change it to jpg. even tho the picture im saving is a jpg... any ideas?

thanks in advance.

i dont know but this happens to me from time to time

Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | 'General' tab | Delete all Temporary Internet files.

Check for damaged files in ..\downloaded program files (also accessed via IE | Tools | Internet Options | "General" tab | "Settings" button (under Temporary Internet Files), "View Objects" button. If any are found, right click each one and select 'Update' or 'Delete' depending on what they are, and whether they're needed.

Also, either one or both of the following MSKB articles may be of some help to you...

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format ;)

Last edited:
redduc900 said:
Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | 'General' tab | Delete all Temporary Internet files.

Check for damaged files in ..\downloaded program files (also accessed via IE | Tools | Internet Options | "General" tab | "Settings" button (under Temporary Internet Files), "View Objects" button. If any are found, right click each one and select 'Update' or 'Delete' depending on what they are, and whether they're needed.

Also, either one or both of the following MSKB articles may be of some help to you...

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format ;)

Darn, I just saw that on tech tv and was gonna post it. you beat me:D

Back