• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-800U - Smart Fan 2 the best match?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DenonSix

Registered
I'm getting an SLK-800u for my barton 2500+...

Is the SF2 the best match for it when it comes to variable speeds and CFM/dba ratio?

Also, my case light is blue, so i'm not sure the bright orange fan is going to mate well (look loud, mismatched, etc.) - any chance of it being sold anywhere in a different color? Those with blue lighting cases, convince me otherwise of its looks

Is there anything else under 40dba that'll outperform this?

G

Welcome to the forums!

IMHO... you are going to be happy with the results of that matchup.

I've never seen the smartfan2 in any color besides orange.

Finally, there are only a couple fans that can outperform the smartfan, but off the top of my head none of them are capable of running as quiet. The Tornado is obviously louder and the deltas redefine the whole idea of 'noisy'.

the orange dotn look that bad.. plus the fan comes wiht a gold fan grill which looks pretty cool. once you put the fan grill on it covers up the ugly orange =d

It might be harder to get the clips to hold it down if you have the fan grill on it. I would suggest painting it if you don't like the color.

May want to consider another fan. The smartfan is a great fan if you dont care about noise. IMHO its way to noisy. Even tho its adjustable I dunno it wierd. The pitch of fan is different and it really noticable at any speed.

Compared to a panaflow at the same speed I cant even hear the panaflow over the case intake fans. The smartfan 2 holy cow Its annoying.

what would you suggest?

are there similar same performing fans that are better loudness/cfm ratio?

Freezermug said:
May want to consider another fan. The smartfan is a great fan if you dont care about noise. IMHO its way to noisy. Even tho its adjustable I dunno it wierd. The pitch of fan is different and it really noticable at any speed.

Compared to a panaflow at the same speed I cant even hear the panaflow over the case intake fans. The smartfan 2 holy cow Its annoying.

I agree, it is a great fan but it is rather noisy. Not high pitched at all though, just sounds like a loud fan. I get used to it though.

The Smart Fan II can be turned down if you want it to be. I don't know what you guys are talking about, though. Try comparing a Smart Fan II to a Tornado or Delta! I switched from a 92mm Tornado (was still too loud at 3000RPM) to a SFII and it is MUCH quieter around the computer now. If you can't handle the SFII at full speed, it can be turned down (it comes with a rheostat) to a tolerable noise level, or you can use the thermal sensor that comes with it to regulate the fan speed based on CPU temps.

They make a smart fan II with "cool-mod" , I think it has a purple look to it, I saw it on case-mod.com, you might want to look it up. Painting sounds like the best option here because it will not restrict airflow just make sure that you let it dry thoroughly ... that paint smell can be annoying.

Back