• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dracknem

I need help with an error in Windows XP. Upon booting up the resolution is really low and everything is black. Everything that isn't an icon is just black, the start menu cannot be seen except for the visual icons, there is no menu bar, and when you right click anything you can't see the menu because it blends into the black background.

My friend might have broken it I think by restarting without holding down the restart button, and for some reason when it was starting up it brought up the options for choosing safe mode or start it regularly. I think he started it regularly, but I do not know what is causing this error. :mad:

I tried a repair installation and it completed, but the error is still there and doesn't appear to be changed at all.

Help please!:cry:

Have you tried your monitor settitng(the buttons on the monitor)? Another thing to do is try to reinstall your video card driver to see if that may do it. If those dont work then you may have to reinstall your windows with a fresh install.

Tread

Monitor setting were not touched, and this problem is definately not caused by that, you would know if you saw it. Also, reinstalling video card drivers would be next to impossible due to me not being able to see anything.

Bah, I don't want to install again. :mad: Then I need to reinstall all my games and download all of my programs again. :mad: :mad: :mad:

can you get into safe mode? or possibly load with teh winxp cd under repair ? just a couple thoughts

Dracknem said:
Monitor setting were not touched, and this problem is definately not caused by that, you would know if you saw it. Also, reinstalling video card drivers would be next to impossible due to me not being able to see anything.

Bah, I don't want to install again. :mad: Then I need to reinstall all my games and download all of my programs again. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you run a repair install then you will only have to download your windows updates again and not have to reinstall your programs.

Back