• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S revision number

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroKelvin

Just wanting to know what the current revision number is for this board at newegg. I bought this board last night. I called them and they couldn't tell me. I am hoping for a 2.0

Thanks for any help

thanks for the quick response. I feel better now. I have heard the first revision had problems. Boy I can't wait to do some overclocking!!!

ok....update.....just got my motherboard. It is revision 2. So those looking for rev2 NF7-S....go with newegg.

Actually, if you're looking for an NF7-S rev.2.0, you should go with Excaliber. They're cheaper than NewEgg by more than $10, and they guarantee that you'll get a 2.0.

TheMatrixHasYou said:
Actually, if you're looking for an NF7-S rev.2.0, you should go with Excaliber. They're cheaper than NewEgg by more than $10, and they guarantee that you'll get a 2.0.

They also have a pretty good rating over at resellerratings.com, too....;)

Another question.....I have noticed on this box the board came in it says NF7 instead of NF7-S. Also the board says NF7. There is only a sticker on the southbridge that says NF7-S. I am guessing it is still the NF7-S right?

The sticker is actually on the SATA controller, not the southbridge. If the sticker says it's an S, then it is

sorry ...thats what i meant......ok you got me...i didnt know what that thing was called. but thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, the box is just that way so that they can package all three NF7s (NF7, NF7-S, NF7-M) in the same box. That's why the manual has instructions for all three too.

BTW, Revision 2.1 should be out within two weeks. The only difference is 1GBit ethernet lan capabilities. Still, its price tag will most likely be about $5 over the 2.0 revision. South Bridge MCP-1000

OC-Master

OC-Master said:
BTW, Revision 2.1 should be out within two weeks. The only difference is 1GBit ethernet lan capabilities. Still, its price tag will most likely be about $5 over the 2.0 revision. South Bridge MCP-1000

OC-Master

Too bad I could not wait longer. My current mobo was dying a dramatic soap opera death. Oh well I will be building another rig in a couple of months. 2 Abits are always better than one.

OC-Master said:

OC-Master

Thanks, you always provide us w/ some good-to-know news.

Back