• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

install z-chipset WB on asus P4PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

It seen there is no holes on this motherboard for the chipset. I need to know how I install this waterblock then.

I read in another thread somewhere else that someone took smaller bolts and bent them through the holes and then mounted the block normally through those threads, but not very clean if ya ask me :rolleyes: .

Is there anything enough strong to glue the bolt (stainless) on the motherboard?

you think thats bad....i almost cried when i ripped the core of 9700 pro when i was trying to remove the shim......i got the shim off....but it brought the chip with it :(

I have a P4C8E and I've been struggleing with this myself. I'm thinking that using a retaining clip of some sort would work if it had a little flex to it, so it can seat properly. I was gonna try to make one on the CNC they got at work, but that thing does'nt even run. :( Someone is bound to meet this demand soon enough.

Back