• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

from AT7-Max2 to NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SafirXP

Keeping all the stuff I have but just changing the motherboard. Got two 256MB Kingston PC2700 sticks... both CAS2 capable. An AXP 1800+ Palomino processor. GF4 Ti4200-8X AGP card.

I'm selling the AT7-Max2 I got, thats for sure. I'm sure I'll get some improvements, but hearing some compliments & advice from you guys should be good. BTW, should I keep my Audigy or sell it too & use the NF2 APU?

If I were you I would sell the audigy.
I think you will be happy with the NF7 .

I have a 2.0 refurb in a box at home , I should get it built up this weekend.

ya, you dont need an audigy in these boards :)...make sure you upgrade to the newest nforce drivers off nvidias site (2.03). if sound gets crackly in games, add a fan or a HS on the SB.

its a great board, just needs the small bugs worked out...and its cherry. you will be happy :)

dump that processor to while your selling stuff. Get a 2500+ Barton or a 1700+ Tbred with the money you make from seling the audigy and motherboard.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll see what I can do. Being in Bangladesh, good AMD processors are rare. There's only ONE shop in the country that sell'em.

Does the NF2 APU support auto upmixing of stereo content to 5.1 sound? Cause I use CMSS2 with the Audigy (Audigy2 drivers). Plus does the NF2 APU support all the EAX & other 3D sound standards/features that the Audigy supports?

Okay, checked the local stores. Nobody has an NF7-S so I'm settling for the NF7 and keeping the Audigy.

For my current KT400 board I just install the VIA Hyperion drivers. So for an NF2 board I just need to install the NVidia NForce Unified Driver v2.45. But at the NVidia site over here it says that "NVIDIA accelerated IDE drivers are not included in this release."

So where do I get'em? Being a first time NF2 user, I don't know much about it. What else do I need?

Back