• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just added 2 more fans to my....vacuum cleaner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FNSmyC

Registered
Alright, I just added 2 80mm Thermaltake fans to my case. Advertised as 39cfm @ 30dba. So total, I've got 2 intake in the front, one intake on the side, and 3 in the back (if you include my fortron 120mm PSU). I've gotta say, it's rather loud :) For my heatsink I have a Zalman CNPS-7000cu. But my temps got a little better. Tell me if you think this is okay...

Using Winbond...
System - 30c
CPU - 43.5-44c
PWM - 32c

Keep in mind this is on an IS7. I hear they can be off by 8 or 10 degrees. So if that's true, I guess I'm getting pretty good temps. What do you guys think?

BTW this is a 2.4c not overclocked yet, with a R9700pro.

CPU is a little high, my P3 is only 18C when not working, at full load only hits 29C max. my system stays at 32 though, so u have better system temp than mine. CPU is kindda hot on your system, people generally let it stays at 30C.

ur cpu temp is right on the mark for that processor and that cooler, sounds excellent, mine is running currently at 37 idle, but i have a different board than u, so who knows! :D

Did you get any increase in overclockability?

If not, you're only trading component life for your hearing capability in the long run. New powerful CPU = $400, a new cochlea can't be had...

No offense, btw, it's my natural reaction to instances of FanMania. :D

Back