• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

panaflo voltage lowering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ordvac

I'm sure some people have noticed it's almost impossible to find Panaflo 120mm L1A's (the low speed models) in stock anywhere. However, the M1A's, which are faster, are easy to find, but have higher sound output.

So I was wondering if anyone had lowered the voltage on these to get a result similar to an L1A and what voltage you used to do so? I know you can go from 12v to 7v pretty easily when you wire it to a molex, but would that cut the speed too much?

Why not just hook it up to a rheo and then you can dial in any speed you want? Would save you the headache of doing the math to try and figure out what voltage you want and in turn what size resistor, etc.

I run 2 80's and a 120 off my rheostat. I barely ever have my fans above 7 volts. no need to have the noise if you dont need it. Can get a 4 dial rheostate for 15-20 bucks at newegg or almost anywhere.

Back