• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New NF2 2.45 Unified Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glock19owner

Download here - XP/W2K

WHQL certified kit for nForce and nForce2 (NOTE: the graphics drivers in the English only kit is not WHQL certified. However, it is the same driver version as the international kit)
Includes support for nForce2 400 and nForce2 Ultra 400
EAX fixes and compatibility improvements in
*Operation Flashpoint
*Neverwinter Nights
*The Matrix Reloaded
*Grand Theft Auto: ViceCity
*Mafia
*Battlefield 1942
Updated audio control panel
3D audio performance improvements
NOTE: NVIDIA accelerated IDE drivers are not included in this release.

Installed...no BSOD or lock up...memory bandwidth improved...haven't tested out the sound issue as of yet...and it didn't install the grahpic drivers...since I am running a new version then what came with the drivers...

Last edited:
Well, uninstalling the older NF2 drivers corrupted my video card drivers, but as I'm using a very old card (Matrox Millenium II :rolleyes: ), I don't really see anyone else having my problems.
Apart from the installation problems, overall, the new drivers are working well.

Do I need to unistall my old NF2 drivers before installing these-or can I just install the new ones on my NF7-S?

If I should uninstall the old drivers first, what is the best way of doing that?

Thanks

I would reinstall over the old ones unless the nvidia website specifically says not to, uninstalling, as indicated in my previous post, gave me many problems.

As the last drivers issued by Biostar were from 03/12/03, these are clearly more modern drivers. I doubt there will be any specific reason not to use these over the Biostar drivers, but I'm wondering if there's a reason these aren't available through Biostar's site? Does Biostar qualify the drivers themselves, or can I assume they just don't put up new drivers until they know of a reason to do so? I don't really expect that people will know too much about the inner workings of Biostar, but I'm just curious.

In general, should I use NVIDIA's newest Unified Drivers over the older ones on Biostar's site unless specifically told not to by people who've used the new ones?

Can anyone say if there will be much of a difference between the two sets, or will it just be bug fixes and the like? I never noticed any speed improvement using different drivers, but I also never benchmarked before and after to see if there was any "real" difference.

So what's the deal? To use or not to use, that is the question.

Thanks

Z

I posted this in the other New NF2 drivers threads...

I have seen a decent improvement in memory bandwidth...and no more cracking of the sound when playing games...and no I do not have my SB cooled at all...running at 192FSB...but my SB does overheat after a few hours so I still do get the fading problem...the only thing that I have notice that was on the negative side is...my HD score went down by around a 100 Marks on PC Marks...so there might be a issue using the older IDE drivers with the newer drivers...

could also be something like just haven more junk on your drives....or something like that since 100 points aint that much..

any one know how to turn EAX off? The new EAX update to battlefield makes to much reverberation and in the wrong places. Like i would fire a gun in the middle of the desert and still get a reverberation. Also the drivers add reverb to the menu music.

Last edited:
my soundstorm control panel is gone!!! i uninstalled all the nforce and nvidia drivers (video too) and wanted to go to the newest ones. I installed video first. then the nforce drivers. (i installed SP1 for WINXP b4 both tho). Even when i go to start, program files, Nvidia Corparation, then the sound storm utility i get the following error: Failed to initialize the NVIDIA audio drivers! Please install and try again. I already tried installing the setup again. (the whole thing)

any help is appreciated.

edit: fixed it on my own.

altec said:
Glock, how much ahve your memory bandwidth scores gone up? Is it a big difference, or is it negligable?

Sorry man...haven't been around that much lately...and nothing that you can actually see...but memory benchmarks went up quite a bit...running at 192FSB is equal to running at 200FSB with the old drivers...

Back