• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot Times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Inositle

I have a A7N8X-DLX and I was wondering how I can lower my boot times.
Actually right now they are pretty short, probably under a minute for me to boot into Windows XP.
I have turned off the SATA jumper and that helped, just wondering if there was anything else I can do.

Thanks

also...turn off anything that you do not use...in the bios...extra USB ports...firewire...game port...etc.

you can also disable the boot virus detection, that'll help, do at own risk, never known anyone having a problem doing this

go into BIOS and turn off most of what you don't use, Lan / USB 2 / fire wire, anything that might be superfluous to the boot up. My boot times are 25 seconds :)

Last edited:
buy four Raptors SATA drives and a RAID card that supports four drives J/K" HighPoint 1540 Serial ATA RAID 4 Channel SATA 1.5Gb/Sec RAID" in RAID 0. Use windows System Configuration Utility should help configure your boot time. Its in help and support off your start menu with the sympol "?"

Last edited:
IZON said:
go into BIOS and turn off most of what you don't use, Lan / USB 2 / fire wire, anything that might be superfluous to the boot up. My boot times are 25 seconds :)

mine are about the same.

Definitely disable firewire if you don't use it - the controller has a habit of timing out during bootup adding 30 sec or more to the boot time.

Yeah, I did the same thing, went through every option and basically turned off all the LAN (I don't need it at all) and extra stuff and I'm at my desktop in, oh I'd say about 25 seconds as well...I dont think it gets much faster than that.

Back