• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.45 WHQL Nforce2 Drivers from NVIDIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its all good man...but I did link it becasue I did do a memory bandwidth test...before and after the new drivers...and noticed an improvement on the bandwidth...have been running media player for the last few hours...on a non cooled SB and so far...no drop of sound quality...will do a better test later tongiht...play some ETM or BF1942 and see if it screws up then...

Do you know of any sound related changes?
Glock, did you suffer bad sound quality before?
I'm using the SPDIF outputs.

I did before...but I also wasn't cooling my SB and running at 192FSB...still no cooling to the SB...but haven't really giving a full load sound test as of yet either...

And the control panel looks exactely the same as it was before...don't know exactely what they supposedly updated to it...think it was more of a driver update then a control panel update...

For those of you that did not see my first link..here is what Nvidia was supposed to of updated on the new drivers...

WHQL certified kit for nForce and nForce2 (NOTE: the graphics drivers in the English only kit is not WHQL certified. However, it is the same driver version as the international kit)
Includes support for nForce2 400 and nForce2 Ultra 400
EAX fixes and compatibility improvements in
*Operation Flashpoint
*Neverwinter Nights
*The Matrix Reloaded
*Grand Theft Auto: ViceCity
*Mafia
*Battlefield 1942
Updated audio control panel
3D audio performance improvements
NOTE: NVIDIA accelerated IDE drivers are not included in this release.

Question

So should I install this driver update? All my other boards are Soyo Dragons and I was always told to never install the drivers VIA released, always wait til they were officially released from Soyo. Is it the same with Asus?

Just Curious.

^Hawk^

Asus just releases the BIOS updates, NVIDIA makes the driver updates.
So you can wait all you want, but Asus will not have a driver update.

Inositle said:
Asus just releases the BIOS updates, NVIDIA makes the driver updates.
So you can wait all you want, but Asus will not have a driver update.

Asus offers tweaked versions of the nforce drivers on their download page. They will probably have a new release of the A7N8X nforce2 drivers based on this new version from nvidia, but it will probably take a little while.

those are not new bios =d someone said new bios that gave them +6 fsb =d that bios has been there since may =d its obviously not new eheh

Back