• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump noise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boywonder

Registered
Just curious, how loud are pumps? How much louder are high flow pumps from low flow ones. Are there any that are particularly quiet? Thanks.

It depends on the pump, the majority of them you cant even hear. Some cheaper pumps like the via and maxijet or other off brand pumps will grow loud as time goes by.

Danner, Eheim, Iwaki, and possibly hydor are all great pumps, There are more good pumps that I cannot think of right now.

Jon

the only way i can tell my computer is on is by seeing the screen or some lights :D,,
no fans on my system at all,,, I love it

my danner mag3 is pretty loud. i can definately hear it even with music playing softly. i've got it isolated as well. :(

its a better noise than high pitch fans though. a low hum is not bad, but super loud fans drive me crazy.

thorilan said:
i would rather hear a low hum of the pump compared to an f14 catapulting from the kittyhawk any day
no but that would be cool to see :D

Back