• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bubbles!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

I recently changed over to a danner mag 5 from a maxi jet 1200. I ran the maxi submerged in a gatorade bottle and never had tons of bubbles. When I installed my mag I used the pvc pipe idea as my resevoir it about 1 1/2 to 2 ft long. I put two barbs in it one at bottom and one at top. I have a screw capped to seal it. So when I poured the water in the pipe it sucked it all right threw. But the problem is that my tubing looks like its fizzing ( how you pour a sprite an it fizz) all threw the tubes. How can I fix the problem. Or better yet how do I bleed the air out if I choose to go inline. Which thats my goal but I just don't think I can get all the bubbles out if its all closed loop.

res,pump,rad,block,res, etc.....

If you let it run for a while, the air should collect in the reservoir, but it will take some time.
Placing the reservoir as the highest component in your system should help the bubbles disperse faster.

Yeah, the T-line PVC pipe should do its job of collecting the air (=bubbles) over time. The only caveat is that there must be enough 'room' for the bubbles to rise. In some reservoirs the outgoing tube is placed too high, resulting in it sucking in the bubbles over and over, which affects the bleeding process negatively.

Hehe, I think that's funny. Gotta leave room in the res for the bubbles to rise. Hehe, the water in the res will enter the tubing to replace the air bubbles coming out. So, fill the res all the way up and let it run, eventually all the bubbles will collect in the res and water from the res will replace the bubbles in the tubing.

:D

Yes, but you have to make sure you have the outlet far enough down from the top surface to prevent the air being sucked back in.

Back