• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HSF recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ryencool

Registered
Well i had some cpu heat problems with my new 2400+, it was running around 55c at idle! with the side of the case off. So i just installed a cooler master HAC-V81 and at the top end it does 62.8cfm, but produces a whooping 46dba at full on. It dropped my temps about 10degrees celcius on average. But thats switching from a amd oem heat sink and thermal tape, to the huge HSF and thermal paste....just thought id let people know how this HSF did for me, still new hehe and still have way less fans than I want. Im now running around 45c at idle, and plan to add a few more fans in hte next month or so....this site has been a awsome source of info...thanks guys

i'd recommend a Thermal right SK-7 or SLK-800 for that cpu it'll cool it down and give you a lil headroom for OC

that is just a bareheatsink so you need a fan wiht that. The thermaltake smartfan2 is good for both heatsinks

oh i forgot ot add that the SK7 will cost you around 20 dollars slk-800 will cost 30 and a smartfan 2 on average 10 dollars

My duron 1ghz runs 53.6 folding according to a temp probe, mbm reports 46. This is with stock cooling and it has been this way since I got it, still running fine :) I'm still getting a slk800-u and smart fan II for a 1700+ because I will actually care about that one lol.

Back