• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which heatercore is the duel 120mm one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine does :)

Model 2-302
Buick Lesabre 1977-85 W/ AC

2-302.jpg

hcore3.JPG

will there really be that much of a performace increase from 2x 120mm's on a single pushpul to 4x 120mm on a double pushpul...i mean you can only get so close to ambient...and u need a more powerful pump to accomodate it...which means more heat added to the water

ive got a nissian heatercore.. thats duel 120mm fans (and a bit wider) with dence fins a about 3" thick though it does have very few passes and has a 15mm width piping ...

if you do want a big heatercore though.. find a space first. i have to mount my heatercore on top of my lian li case beacuse its just too dammed huge.

it depends on how much heat your system puts out . bigger will deal with higher loads better so if your way OCd and are running cpu NB vid card all on water it will probly help a lot

You also have:

black_ice_xtreme_2.jpg

or

inrad_2.jpg

Innovatek one, to me, has the greatest look. Plus it shroud your two fans. You can even have 4 fans in push pull configuration if you want. It's working fine in my case. I just don't know if it's a good one. But I just love it :p

BaD CrC said:
You also have:

black_ice_xtreme_2.jpg

or

inrad_2.jpg

Innovatek one, to me, has the greatest look. Plus it shroud your two fans. You can even have 4 fans in push pull configuration if you want. It's working fine in my case. I just don't know if it's a good one. But I just love it :p

These probably don't out preform a HC and are probably FAR more expensive.

Last edited:
K im fairly new to w/c i dont have my rig up yet im going to order and still full of questions im trying to get answered... i keep hearing that a Heater Core with a Shroud is better than a normal radiator like a BIX II. What exactly is the difference between a heater core and a radiator? To me it just sounds that heater cores are like ripped off cars or something.
Basically what im looking for is a Heater Core i guess since its better that supports 4 fans in 2 push and 2 pull action 120mm. My thing is since i THINK heater cores are just ripped from cars how big are the ends of them do they need modifying so i can put a tube over them?
Eddie

Back