• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA3+ died :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thwack

Registered
well i went to update to the new 7/21/03 BIOS that have been released and well......

I put everything on a disk, rebooted, hit alt-f2 and it loads the award flash utility. so far so good. well it read the new rom file and gave a checksum error and said to redownload file and that no changes had been made and to press any key to reboot. so I press a key and it reboots.....

but my BIOS are gone it asks for a disk with awdflash.exe so i give it what it asks for and nothing it wouldn't read any disk i give it. so after 2-3 hours of trying different versions of award i give up. now i'm stuck on a celeron 400 P.O.S. til i get a new board :(

well maybe i'll give the abit n7f-s a try.

You reset the CMOS before flashing right? I have had mine tell me that I needed to put the disk in for the bootblock bios and I reset the CMOS and it's fine. Maybe try that if you haven't

I already sent it back and this time going to try my luck with Abit.

Maybe the Abit board will run better in prime95. I could only get the 8rda3+ stable on stock settings anything else would error out no matter what settings i tried in the first test after about 30 seconds. I tried different voltages, multipliers, FSB's, memory timings, etc... but could never get prime95 to run on anything other than 166 x 11 with memory at 8-3-3-2, and at stock voltages.

also i built a system with the 8rda3+ for a friend and does anyone else having trouble with the onboard sound? On his the sound is very quite with everything turned up to full settings. I"m not sure what kinda speakers he's got though. I never tried on mine i got an audigy gamer card i use.

Back