• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why does my 1700 B only have the lower multi's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fast420A

I have a Tbred B with an 8RDA+ and the latest bios. I am running at 12.5 X 180 (2250) but I can't use any Multi past 12.5, if I set it to 13+ it will startup at 11x100 and when you go in the bios it still has the settings you put it at. Anyone know the reason and/or a fix? And yes I am at 133 x the higher multi with as much as 1.9v it didn't work.

Same setup here, same results! Why not try an fsb above 180? My memory craps out above that, due to be RMA'd after the weekend. My bios is the one PRIOR to the very latest, with the memory stability fix. I plan on running my memory faster than 180, to get the increased bandwidth. Sorry I have no fix for our problem, though...

I need some real ram because I want to run it in sync with the FSB, not at 133 like it is now. I guess I'll just have to live with up to 12.5 :mad:

I believe you need to do a unlock on your chip to get the higher multies. Pretty sure its a one bridge mod. Someone here correct me if I'm wrong. I ve been looking into getting one of these boards (rev 2.1). If it will get the upper multies without modding the chip I'm on it. I've been using my 8KHA+ for almost 2 yrs and its high time for a upgrade.

the only NF2 MB out that will give you the all of the multi. up to 16x is the NF7's rev 2.0's...this is because the Abits can read the 5th FIB...all the rest can only read up to the 4th FIB...which is why you can not go past 12.5...to run at 13x and higher...you will have to blow the 3rd and 5th bridge on the L3...

Is that a bios or hardware problem that only the nf7 rev 2.0 has higher multipliers. Or I should say with a bios upgrade could other nf2 mb have a higher multiplier. Because I need a higher multiplier!!!!!

www.ocinside.de check out this site, it's got a lot of pin tricks to change voltages, multipliers and such.

While you are looking for 12.5+ multipliers, i needed 12.5 and lower, the site helped me out!

I'm running a xp1700 at 2818.89 225*12.5 Need a higher multiplier to go faster

Back