• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Candyman

Registered
Just got my NF7 from Googlegear, installed my Barton 2500 and booted up. BIOS says I can only have a 3200 or User Defined.

Downloaded the latest BIOS (Version 2.0 17) and still have the same in the Softmenu III. I can set the speed at 166 with an 11 multiplier but was wondering what happened to the the "stock" chips i.e. 2400, 2600, 2800 etc. etc.

Also, the CPU fan is not showing up in the BIOS even though I have it attached to the CPU 1 with the 3 wires.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Mine does the same thing. Its because the new bios defults to 200 FSB. When i first got the board it reported the processor as a 2500+ or user defined, but after i flashed it to the latest bios it finds it as a 3200+. All you need to do is set user defined to 166x11 or you could just run it overclocked.

I have not tried to boot at that speed yet, I did try 170 bus and it would not even post. My 2500 Barton is still fairly new so it may take some breaking in....Thanks.

Just changed to the 3200+ setting in the BIOS and rebooted....will watch temps but did not change anything other than the CPU to default (200 bus and 3200+ processer) This is amazing if it will run okay like this....

Back