• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pumps smaller than 3"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boywonder

Registered
Does anyone know of any pumps more powerful but no bigger than the Hydor L30? I need something with maximum dimensions of 3" x 6" x 5". Also, does anyone know where I can find information on power/head length/flow rate? Thanks

I think the Danner Mag series might just barely fit if you configure the impeller housing right, and use small (or chopped) barbs.

finalmounting.jpg

If you rotate the housing 90 from where it is in that pic, you should be good.

The Mag 3 has a 10' maximum head and 350 gph of flow at 0' of head.

how about a hydor L45? the sletz range is the compact range i doubt you will find more powerful pumps at that size..

look around your local garden center there are i belive deigined to be either founite pumps or pond pumps..

I wish I could get a mag-drive, but they are too big. Even the mag 2 is 5" x 3.8" x 4.2". The mag 1.9 is plenty small, but it's only submersible, no in-line and I believe it's too weak. As for the seltz L45, do you know the dimensions on it? I tried emailing hydor, but haven't heard back from them.

no idea about there definate size of the hydor L45 but it doesn't look much larger then the rest. but there are no details on the site, so just hope you get a reply.

Perfect!
6.9gpm = 414gph
From a 12V pump that's only 6.9" x 3.3" x 2.7". I'm going to make a dual output PSU for my pelt anyways. Thanks G-Plus.

I got a reply from hydor.

Here's the specs for the Seltz series if anyone's interested:

seltz_specs.jpg

L30 would fit, but the L45 is too big

Back