• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best price NF7 rev2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

Who's got the best price on the NF7 revision 2? I want to make sure it is a 2.0, and looking at newegg and such I don't see the version listed anywhere.
Thanks

I ordered an Abit NF7-S from NewEgg a month ago and it was a rev 2.0 motherboard. This place guarantees that you get a NF7-S rev 2.0 for only $109. That's a little cheaper than NewEgg.

Don't know if this helps, but in California we have the Computer Expos about every two months. I got the NF7-S rev 2.0 for $80 out the door. Went back the 2nd day an got another for $75 . I check the heatsink socket for scratches from possible rma , refurb or repack and none to be found. All is well with the boards !If you don't have the Expos in your area or want the comfort of vender service, Excaliber has the lowest price I've seen so far.

eXcaliber is the only place I have seen or heard about that gaurentees rev.2 so I guess they have the best price, with the excetion of Twister's fancy dancy Computer Expos :rolleyes:

(lol jk Twister:D)

Well, I guess I'll get one from Newegg, unless someone has an "expo" coming up. Can't say I have seen one around.
Maybe down in Denver.
Thanks!

http://www.lacomputerfair.com/

Here's a link for the Computer Fair schedule of events for the California people. For those who have never gone to one, these are not your " Ma & Pa clean out your closet " events. These are licenced wholesale dealers and distributers and local dealers, for the most part , selling factory fresh boxed goods . You can also purchase used and refurbs. If your looking for a certain stepping code on a processor, you have the ability to handpick through literaly thousands of trays
We have a little group of custom builders that make an outting of these fairs and have a ball price grinding for these parts :) Thought I buy most of my parts from NewEgg and Mwave ,which are both 30 min. from my home,you can't beat the feverish atmosphere of one of these events, and ALL OF THOSE COMPONENTS in two airconditioned buildings.
How bout Lian-Li PC7B aluminum cases for $55 and Smart Case 2 fans for $6 !
If you're in a major market area you might want to check these out but no, they don't hold these in small towns :)

docinthebox said:
If you live in California, Essential Computer has the lowest overall price (because they're located in NY and there's no sales tax). They also guarantee v2.0:

http://www.essencompu.com/nupplysingar.asp?ID=2922

$105.89
+ $9 shipping
---------------------
= $114.89 shipped

If you live outside of California, then order from Excaliberpc:

$109
+ $5 shipping
----------------------
= $114 shipped

I would order from one of thos two places, not newegg in this case (only cuz its gaurenteed and its cheaper.

Ordered a NF7 (not the S model) from Googlegear last Thursday for $94.50 with free 2nd day air shipping. Received it yesterday (Tuesday) and set it up with my new Barton 2500+. Updated the BIOS since it was the original version (now have 1.7)

Had questions about the CPU's shown in Softmenu III - only had user defined and 3200+ at 200 bus speed. Played around a bit and changed to the 3200+ 200 and am currently running at 2194MHz (2.2GHz) with stock voltages. Have not run any stress tests yet but don't think that's too bad out of the box. Have a AQXEA 0323 VPJW Barton 2500+ CPU

For the time being I am going to run my 1700 pally in it, and look for a t-bred or barton later.
Any idea what kind of speeds I might get on this chip? (see sig)
got some pc2100 ram to run for the moment, upgrading as I can afford it

Barnstormer said:
For the time being I am going to run my 1700 pally in it, and look for a t-bred or barton later.
Any idea what kind of speeds I might get on this chip? (see sig)
got some pc2100 ram to run for the moment, upgrading as I can afford it

Well that isn't a well knwo OCer but a good 1600+ pally will get ~2G so if you get that high you are doing good.

I ordered the one from excaliber today and they shipped it already.. 250 fsb here i come!!:attn:

Back