• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thoughts on new xp2500+ stock hsf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bose70

Registered
Hi all
I just got a xp2500+ now running at [email protected] with the stock hsf combo my temps are 35-38 mb and 45-50 cpu
the barton came with a bigger hsf with a copper core on the bottom and a cowling on the fan and is a little bigger than the one on the xp2200+ i installed for a friend last week
any thoughtson this new hsf?

Thanks
Bose

A cowling on the fan? I'm not sure what a cowling is, could you tell me or is that some kind of typo? :eh?:

And you said thats a stock HSF? I'm surprised that AMD has a stock heatsink fan with a copper core.

but i know that quite a few of the new amd stock hsf has a copper bottom, not just a insert or core. but they work. i am waitin on my sl-7 tho...

well I cant get a pic of the copper core but its about the shape and size of a dollar coin
will get a pic when the battary for my digi cam is charged

Bose

i just got my retail 2500+ in. Not sure if this is different then most but my heatsink has a copper plate on the bottom held on by 4 screws.....doesnt look very well designed.....

Also on a side note i am kinda scared about putting the stock heatsink on. i dont have enough money for a SLK so i will need to use the stock one but supposedly it is one of the hardest to put on. is that true?

it wasnt hard at all for me to install on my older xp 1600+ machine. Basic heatsink with 3 clips...you need a screwdriver but thats about it.

Also i think the worst thing about it is the base....it needs lapped VERY badly....you can feel how deep the ridges are in the base

Back