• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I really need Corsair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

still_runnin

Registered
Im a noob he so dont tear me apart to bad. Im going to build an AMD system with the barton 2500 and run 400fsb on it. maybe more but still dont know yet. I know Corsair and a few other ram makers make great memory for overclocking. Well if the MF7-S mobo im getting already has the 400fsb, do I need to get an expensive memory like corsair. Now I dont want to get some cheap memory that is going to crash my system, but I dont see much sense in buying 130 dollars in ram that would do the same job as ram for 70 dollars. Any other decent ram out there that would still be good for the system and the wallet? I heard soemthing about buffalo memory. Thanks for the input. Anyways, I will be running dual channel but I already read that I dont have to buy one of those so called "kits" and that I can just buy two sticks of the same stuff.

No.
Buffalo is good, cheaper ram, esp. if you get the winbond chips, there are others just make sure they are rated 3200 (aka 400FSB or 200 if its not doubled) AND at decent timings.
You CAN jsut buy two of the same sticks.

Oh, and btw,
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

I have heard good things about the buffalo winbond modules, but never tried them yet. I have always used corsais because i know it can OC well and they have the liftime warranty. It is not a necessity in your build though.

Back