• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does the swiftech mcw462 compare?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

After looking around after my recent 1700OC death I have decided to get an idea from you out there about the performance of this block. I would like to know how it compares to other blocks like the 5000A from swiftech and the maze4 from DangerDen. I know the whitewater and cascade will perform best but I don't have the cash for that right now. Any other blocks I may have missed are welcome for suggestion. Also perhaps some ideas on what can be done the 462 to improve it? Also any hard data on performance would be most appreciated. thank you.

This will be going on another 1700 BTW.

I would imagine that the MCW5000A or the Maze 4 will perform a little better. Check the write-ups though, I am sure they will have something different to say

I'm sorry I feel like an idiot now, The block I have IS the 372 block not the 462 :( Sorry for asking teh wrong thing of you. However since you have the same block as I do, Rottys-R-Us, what is your temp at load and idle? I would like to know so I can know what to expect. thank you all.

My temps will be totaly different from yours as I have an Ep0x 8k3a that reads from the diode and is off and depends on what bios I use.

That mobo has temp issues.

cpu- 61 c, water- 30.5 c, room- 29 c. @ load, with 1.8 cv, it runs folding 24/7 stable.

Back