• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who has A7N8x de + SLK900U?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you read thermalright's spcifications the SLK-900U will have problems fitting on cuz of a few capacitors. The SLK-800A wil have no problems. I myself us a slk-800A. Thermalright recently released a slk-900A. That heatsink might fit on with no problems.

I have the SLK-800-u, it fit on the regular A7N8X and the deluxe version.

Which one is the 800-a? Is that the clip-on one. The 800-u is real nice since you can screw it through the motherboard to make it more secure, like the 900-u one.

Hey, look at the new 900a:
http://www.thermalright.com/news_900a.htm
http://www.thermalright.com/slk900a.html

Maybe that new one will fit. Try e-mailing them about the Deluxe working with it. They responded to my e-mail quickly when I had to ask them about something, so they do respond.

ImportPsycho said:
What I want to know is if bending without damage the mobo then I would go for 900 but if it's very risky then 800

Yes it is very risky...

Asus A7N8X - Deluxe nVidia - nForce2 Bending capacitors required ***

*** = bending capacitors required, severe bending

Motherboard Compatibility Information

ImportPsycho said:
eh but A version isn't universal.
if 900U absoultly doesnt fit then I would rather go for 800U
not 900A

Thermalright stated the 900A will be for AMD only...but if you notice there specs for the 900A

"AMD: Athlon XP Palamino, Thoroughbred, and Barton 2800+ and up
Intel: Pentium-4 socket-478 3.06 GHz and above"

900A Specs

But it also doesn't list the 900A on the Intel Product bar...just for AMD...

guys i bought this but only had to nudge the capacitor like so slightly it wasn't noticeable. i am runnin the slk900u with delta 92ml fan no problem here.

i still rather not have my capacitors bent. In anycase if you're so set on teh slk-900 they jsut realeased an A version. So that will def fit on the a7n8x.

Back