• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpucool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ Smak

ok i downloaded this program which does a lot of things for cooling and such. What the heck itt says temp 3 is 80.9* C..wtf????? There is now way my pc would be still alive eh? I mean i have my amd 500 set at 500@ 100fsb, i think that is the stock setting, how the heck can my temps be up that high. Has anyone ever used this program CPUCOOL Vers. 7.26? Is temp 3 the actual temp of my chip?

Just using common sense, your CPU would be the hottest part of your computer, so I would imagine this is indeed the CPU temperature.. However that doesn't mean it is right.

Many motherboards can have their temp. sensors reading 10C higher than actual temperatures (I've come to learn that you can never really trust mobo sensors, but thats another discussion for a later date!). At 80C, I doubt your chip would like you - And 70C, assuming a high reading, isn't much better.

I have two guesses
1) Your CPU fan is dead - Have you checked it recently? It is an older processor and I assume its lived a lot
2)CPUcool isn't supporting your board right. You may want to take a look at SpeedFan and see if it gives you the same temps. MBM5 is also another viable solution.

You also may want to divulge on your system:
Board, HS, # of Cooling Fans.

Mitac /camaro mobo, stock heatsink,1 cooler master cpu fan. and psu 300W with fan

ok i installed MBMS but i am not getting any temp readings, i dont think my mobo has sensors for it so i dont know

correct sir,compaq presario7479, i gutted an old system blew the original cpu 533 that was in it due to wrong voltage, and now have a 500 in it. I dont know if this is the mobo but i read it in someone s post awhile back ASUS P5A MotherBoard , this could be the mobo affiliate ? Ii havnt oc this one as im afraid to, i dont know which system this chip was from and i suppose it dont matter as much as the mobo.

I think that 80C might be within tolerances so it's ok for a cpu but not good.

Run over to www.amd.com and see if you can get a spec sheet for you chip in the archive. I was trying to check there to back myself up but IE was not playing well with others.

I have seen CPUcool report 3 temps before. Usually one of the temps is invalid, does that Temp3 change alot?

On the board that reported 3 temps, it was actually temp 2 which corresponded to the CPU temp listed in BIOS. What are the other 2 temperature readings it is giving you?

they were not eve registering temps, they were at zero, so maybe i didnt set it up right?

Back