• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X DLX problems and usb issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TetsuOH

Registered
well the rig is the one in my sig and whats happening is i overclocked my machine to 11.5x200 vcore 1.80 and all was going good it was stable on everything until i looped 3dmark after about an hour or two the machine hardlocked had to reboot. during post the machine did not detect a keyboard and halted i had a logitech wireless usb keyboard plugged in and a usb mouse during the initial post the lights on the keyboard receiver flashed and then were out and never came back like the usb ports werent even powered but my usb hubs light was on so i cleared the cmos rebooted i get bios checksum error defaults loaded so i plugged in a ps2 keyboard rebooted went into bios setup reset all my settings made sure usb keyboard and all that was enabled exited bios everything ok except that windows loads pretty slow and some apps were loading real slow after the machien hardlocked so i reinstalled windows and then after the second or third reboot during installing sp1 and drivers etc etc i get the keyboard not detected deal again didnt clear the cmos plugged in a ps2 went into the bios settings still there exited with saving anything and the usb keyboard is back. i really dont get this at all it seems sort of weird and is making me paranoid that a 1 week old mobo might be biting the dust here anyone else know whats going on or has had this kind of problem

EDIT
yeah bad mobo had it exchanged glad i didnt have to wait for rma

Last edited:
This is going to sound really bad but:

Try putting the keyboard into another USB slot. No really, try it.

It is possible that it will detect and start working.

Another idea is to wipe the drive, you know fdisk and format, then reinstall Windows.

Back