• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need replacement for MSI KT4 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Monstermile

Ok here's the deal. I built my first system a few months ago. Was having constant problems. Narrowed it 95% down to the mobo which was a KT4 Ultra. Well I RMA'ed it to MSI and they sent me a refurb instead of a new one. Still had a few of the same problems and some new ones. So I am pretty much convinced the mobo is junk and really don't want to try a third. I need to try a replacement. What I have:

MSI KT4 Ultra
Athlon 1700+ tbred B
512MB Kingston HyperX PC2700
WD 80g SE
Excaliber 9000 PRO 128MB
Lite-On DVD
Lite-On 52x24x52 CDRW
Soundblaster Live 5.1
USR 5699B V.92
Win98

What I want:
-Compatibility, stability and reliability with Win98, Radeon card and Athlon processors
-Ease of use
-Flexible but nothing to hardcore. Don't need alot of bells and whistles.
-Same price point as the KT4 Ultra
-Awesome tech support and customer service (which MSI both lack)

I have heard that the nforce2 boards have problems with Radeon cards and Athlon processors. Of course I have also heard the same about VIA. I could use some suggestions to finally get this system up and running.

Oh and unbiased suggestions and opinions please.

Thanks

good. but not as good as the abit. the abit nf7-s v2 is the best board bar none right now. highly recomended by everybody that has one, AFAIK.
Monstermile said:
I have heard that the nforce2 boards have problems with Radeon cards and Athlon processors. Of course I have also heard the same about VIA. I could use some suggestions to finally get this system up and running.

Oh and unbiased suggestions and opinions please.

Thanks
i have all three of those - no problems whatsoever.

Back