• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did abit ever get s-ata working right on nf7-s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yep,... works for about 95% of the people ever since bios1.4, and now about 98% ever since bios1.6...

But what about in RAID?? I know there are a LOT of problems with it, were they ever resolved? I know there were some temporary fixes, but they were only temp and decreased performance considerably...

Did Deathstar13 ever get to the bottom of it? Did he ever get it working without problems, he spent so much time reinstalling OSs' after they got corrupted from the lousy RAID controller

um.. the raid's finiky,... like its picky about hard drives, ... so... i dunno...

but i have seen people with a pair of raptors working before, so i know it does work for some people....

I would't bet on it. Your lucky to get the SATA raid working at all let alone using the ATA to SATA converters.

i dont know about raid, but the controller itself has been working fine for me. i have a 160 gig maxtor hooked up to it and i've had no problems yet.

I still can't press f4 or shift+s (or whatever the buttons are) to get into the menu). Never worked never has. Hoppfully its user error. Not that I can figure it out.

I'm not running raid, but I have never had a problem with my SATA through the converter to my IDE drive. I've run bios' 1.4 and 1.7.

i have 2 drives but i only had 1 IDE to SATA converter when i ran the 1 drive on the SATA controler i couldnt get into the raid bios. It wasnt till i hooked the second drive that i could get into teh SATA bios "alt-s"

So far it seems to be working for me

I have an IC7 and if i dont lock the PCI bus at 33 my drives wont even show up. They dont take overclocking to well at all. I dont even know where the PCI bus is at on my NF7 it doesnt even have any kind of settings or adjustments for the PCI bus.

Only settings i see are ram, agp and fsb. THose having problems may be overclockign their PCI bus causing the raid controler to wigout.

those who were having problems with the NF7 and raid what were the problems?

I've got duel raptors running on mine. I installed them before the new bios 1.9 came out, no problems, those raptors in SATA RAID 0 run like a scaulded dog! Updated to 1.9 when it came out, I really couldn't tell any difference.

I still can't press f4 or shift+s (or whatever the buttons are) to get into the menu). Never worked never has. Hoppfully its user error. Not that I can figure it out.

Are you trying to do this at the first part of boot up when it pauses for a few seconds and prompts you to press F4 to enter the RAID setup menu?

Back