• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Dlx. CAS 2 RAM posting problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

Hi again everyone,

I was playing around last night trying to overclock my RAM, and when I obviously clocked it too high, my PC wouldn't post. Then, I cleared the CMOS, removed battery, etc., and it STILL won't post. The voice message says "System failed memory test". Well, no !@#$. Anyways, this happened once before when I flashed my bios. It ended up being that my mobo didn't like CAS2 RAM in there (Corsair to be precise), and I had to track down some CAS2.5 RAM, boot up, change BIOS settings to CAS2, shut down, switch the RAM, and boot up again.

I can do this again, but it's a huge pain in the ***. Is there any way to get around this without doing all that? It's a first revision mobo FYI.

Thanks!

there is nothing wrong with CAS2 corsair ram. I've use it myself with no problems. I remember corsair had compatility problems with the initally released a7n8x. If your bios is really old you might wanna update that it might fix your problem.

Back