• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X or A7N8X-X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RZA

I'm thinking of changing my mobo... I have an nForce 2 Ultra-based FIC AU-13, but it has an unstable Vcore, so I'm in trouble with OCing. That's why, in search for "best of the best for STABLE o/c", I look at A7N8X...

1) What's the difference between the two subj boards? The spec looks like pretty same.

2) Is this board good? I mean overall stability - don't need hyper-mega-features :) Are temp&voltage sensors reasonable?

Wanna push my JIUHB (see sig) to the limit ;)

Thanks in advance.

they are exactly the same except 1 thing.
A7N8X = dual channel memory
A7N8X-X = single channel memory

hence the big difference in price =d

RZA said:
I'm thinking of changing my mobo... I have an nForce 2 Ultra-based FIC AU-13, but it has an unstable Vcore, so I'm in trouble with OCing. That's why, in search for "best of the best for STABLE o/c", I look at A7N8X...

1) What's the difference between the two subj boards? The spec looks like pretty same.

2) Is this board good? I mean overall stability - don't need hyper-mega-features :) Are temp&voltage sensors reasonable?

Wanna push my JIUHB (see sig) to the limit ;)

Thanks in advance.

Dude! A7N8X Deluxe NEWEST VERSION with the 400fsb chipset that just came out a short while ago. They worked out a bunch of bugs, fixed the corruption in the bios and improved the chipset with the newest and beat they could get. If you want to OC your pc, the older version even v2 333fsb is OK but if you run it over 200fsb (i ran at 210X12 with a AMD 2500+ barton stable. But as predicted by many computer guru's, and to keep its current rep. the as it has had the rep to do, It just went into a coma one day on a start up boot! SUCKS HUH!!!!! Oh well, It was fun but an expensive lesson. The new one , I must say has my praise. Best one yet from all the ones I have used over the last year or so, including the abit and the ultra expensive for no reason gigabyte board. New egg has the newest A7N8X DLX w/4000fsb chip set for 133.00. WELL WORTH IT TO ME!

Good luck my friend and hope all works out for you. IF you get that board and want to do a few mods, PM me and I will give you some supercool things to make your OC experience even more of a rush!

tweaker

cherryp00t

Okay, A7N8X-X suxx then :eek:)

tweaker

Thanx man! I'll try to buy it here (remember - it's Ukraine, so newegg is not an option :()

One more point: it seems I can only get a board rev.1.06, NOT deluxe. Should I buy? AFAIK, I'll be able to get FSB 400 through BIOS reflash, but maybe there are other issues with these older boards?

RZA said:
One more point: it seems I can only get a board rev.1.06, NOT deluxe. Should I buy? AFAIK, I'll be able to get FSB 400 through BIOS reflash, but maybe there are other issues with these older boards?

That board SUCKS. If you cannnot find a newest version with the 4000fsb chipset, don't waste your money. The old 1.04,1.06 what ever will do ok if you stay fairly stock in the fbs area. maybe 180-199 at 11 or 11.5 There are 2 bios changes, you must be careful to use the 1004 that is for the older board and not the v2.0 You will see that on the asus sight. That bouard will go to great oc numbers but one day she will be dead or in a coma! You can get more than 400fsb with the older boards. My point is that it wont last and the board wilkl turn to junk. Good luck dude!

Back