• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a reliable 12v pump? besides the innovatek eheim?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fafnir

is there a reliable 12v pump? besides the innovatek eheim? and one thats not a bilge pump?

and one that hopefully could be bought seperately, cause buying a thermaltake aquarius for the pump is definitely not a good idea....

er.. hydor L30? .. same spec as a eheim 1250 but cheaper lighter more religable etc.. ill swear by em :D

no idea if there 12v though ..id have to check to find that out

thanks everyone,...

i have a koolance exos and it comes with a pair of 12v pumps, but both of em are AC, and not DC,.... which really ****ses me off....

so edit: any 12v DC pumps so far? besides the innovatek eheim?

Are you sure that the koolance pumps are 12v AC? That wouldn't make any sense, since your wall outlets are about 110v AC. The pump in the link that nikhsub1 posted is 12v DC, but it would require a few capacitors to filter the noise it would dump into the 12v line. Check out the link I posted for more info on that pump.

Sniperboy said:
Are you sure that the koolance pumps are 12v AC? That wouldn't make any sense, since your wall outlets are about 110v AC. The pump in the link that nikhsub1 posted is 12v DC, but it would require a few capacitors to filter the noise it would dump into the 12v line. Check out the link I posted for more info on that pump.

Koolance pumps are 12V. They run off of the PSU.

The Johnson 12V pump is reliable, to a point. The brushed motor will eventually wear out, but it will take a while.

Try looking at petstores and ask them for their inline pumps. I 've seen one called a dragon or something similar that people rave about.

Back