• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox Mobos with the NF2 400 "Ultra" Chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I was wondering what the Epox model names are that have the same chipset as the Abit NF7-S mobos.

AKA NF2 400 "Ultra"

Do the 8RDA and the 8RGA have them?

Wha are the differences? Thanks!

I'd do some research, but I'm pressed for time. One of my mobos died and I need a replacement ASAP. Thanks

i don't think the nf7-s officially supports 200mhz fsb, only 166mhz.. so up to Barton.

As for Epox.. their site says the 8RDAE and the 8RDAEN utilize the nforce2 400 chipset.. not sure if it's "ultra". except a lot more other epox mobo's support 200mhz fsb even if not the nforce 2 400 chipset.

[edit]
nm.. i guess some nf7's do.

Last edited:
Do you know if the 8RDA and the 8RGA have them the same northbridge/southbridge as the NF7-S?

I jsut want the NF2 400 Ultra. That's all I'm looking for.

Asus Mobos maybe?

AudiMan said:
Do you know if the 8RDA and the 8RGA have them the same northbridge/southbridge as the NF7-S?

yup they do... but 200mhz support on the old boards depends on the revision..

I know asus has an official nForce2 400 SPP mobo already.. A7N8X-X..

How about the epox boards?

Which revision do I look for on the 8RDA and 8RGA?

Also, is the 400 Ultra the same as the 400 SPP?

you know.. to tell u the truth I feel kind of confused now.

The 8RDA+ revision 1.1 with the Crush18D chipset officially supports 200mhz.. not sure about 8rga, most likely the same deal. Then newer boards like 8RDA3+ are just initially released with support for 200mhz. SO i'm gussing the newer revisions 8rda+ and every 8rda3+ are just dubbed nforce2 ultra 400 chipset. :p

I read in a review that the nforce2 400-ultra has dual channel ddr support while the 400 SPP doesn't.
http://www.overclockers.co.nz/ocnz/review.php?id=03boardnforce20asus0000a7n8xx000105

I guess I'll have to wait and order another NF7-S.

Thanks guys. It seems to be my only choice. I love that mobo!

i just ordered a nf7-s to replace my dead 8rda3+ and from what i read if i understand correctly the nf7-s revision 2 officially supports the 400FSB. I may be wrong, but thats the way i understood everything.

Hey Audi get the 8Rda3+ it is better than the NF7-S and the 8RDA+.New egg has Rev 2.0 of the 8RDA3+ in stock now i heard.

right now i am runnin at the specs in my sig!!

Good to see you back around!!!

Oh btw the 8RDA3+ DOES have the chipset your wanting

Back