• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 127MM fan... WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jesusphreak

these are some nice fans
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=3424508243
i ordered these and have them....... i had 120 mm panaflows (i'm pretty sure i had quiet low power ones) and 1 of these easily pushes more than 2 of the panaflows, i took 2 panaflows off my radiator and with only 1 of these on it the temp stayed the same (actually dropped .5C but that's debatable due to small difference) later today i'm gunna hook up both and see what it does. They do make a noise, it's the Volcano 9 (which i had before) definately more quiet that than, but definately not silent. ya'll may wanna check them out
they are solid metal, blades and everything so don't chop off a finger :D

The look quite good, But at 44Db they are not exatly quite but then again they are not that loud considering the amount of air they push out.
Also at 127mm wouldnt they require some modding to the case to use them as case fans.

Enyo said:
lol don't put your fingers in ANY 120mm fans.. i broke one of my fan blades on my finger.. (final proof that humans are stupid)

Indeed wasn't paying attention and my finger hit one of my deltas, cut through the fingernail straight down and through the middle of the finger. Still have a scar to this day :( .

to be truthfully honest, i think the CFM rating is a lie, my panaflos that did 80 or so are maybe half, or even less than half of what these do, these things blow like a freaking tornado, i don't have any way of testing them to see that, and i never said they were quiet, i'm just saying they were quieter than my volcano 9 on full.....(-edit ahhhh he says on the ebay thing they are quiet i thought you thought that i'd said it, sry :D )
someone else should test them and see, i swear they put out more than 118 .... but i've never felt anything over 80 or so so I could be wrong.
My idle temps dropped from 29 - 31 C to 25 - 26.5 C (depending on time of day)
they definately seem good
my room temp is 21C or so. My cpu is an AMD 1700 DLT3C @ 1.9V and it's that low idle, but under load it is about 38 - 40 C

Last edited:
I have two of them. I havent put them in my case yet because i just got ends on them but they blow so hard that they freakin torque. Im thinking of modding something so that i can use one as a deskfan instead... ;)

Enyo said:
yeah.. 550cfm.. yum.. but er.. i like the fact that they don't mention how much noise they put out..

Someone had one step under these, 330CFM, and they said its pretty loud. Like 68dB or something.

rofl somebody should set that up in the front of their case blowing in....if your case is wide enough....im getting the Lite On FS020 in a few days and it won't even fit in that....anybody have a case wider than 10"?....altho...you could always scrap the fan on the heatsink and just stick on of these on the side of ur case....rofl...talk about overkill

I got the aluminum evercools and they dont seem to be fast enough to hurt my fingers, i touched it before to test it out.

Back