• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF-7 Northbridge H/S mounting question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nan0_man

Ok, so I went and ordered ceramique instead of thermal ADHESIVE, now I'm getting itchy to install this new mobo and I need some suggestions on mounting the Pentium2 CPU heatsink I have chosen to replace the NF-7 stock Northbridge H/S.

I have heard that there needs to be pressure onto the northbridge for proper contact. So, I was thinking I could lay the mobo flat, put on the thermal compound, apply a spot of superglue on each corner, lay the heatsink on top, lay a book or two on top of the heatsink, and let it dry. Would this be ok?

Probably yes. I've attached a socket7 heatsink that way to my video card. Just apply a lot of pressure with your hands to the heatsink right after you put it there (for 30 secs).

I attached Alpha PEP66 heatsink to my NB with a ziptie (using the holes obviously).

Yeah, just hold it on there firmyl until it dries though instead of using books.. it only takes like a minute for super glue to dry. Put no thermal compound on the tiny spots of the 2 cornesr where you will put glue.

Back