• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with ocz pc3200 platinum dual channel kit, please help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Virtual-Reality

Registered
Hi,

system spec is:
AthlonXP 2500,
Abit NF7-S V 2.0
Antec TruePower 550W
Radeon 9800 Pro,
1GB PC3200 OCZ Platinum (Only 512MB, one dimm installed)
WinXP Corporate Edition Pro

Basically my problem is i cannot install the other memory module and boot windows xp up, i had to install windows 98 before xp and to get it to install i had to use one stick of ram because 98 doesnt like more than 512, anyway after i had xp installed along with all my drivers etc i turned pc off and installed the other 512 module, and after this when i power on i get the screen:

We apologize for inconvienience but windows did not start normally this is due to a recent hardware or software change... etc etc,

I tried all the options but it doesnt boot into windows it just freezes at the screen, u guys got any ideas how to get my second dimm in there without having to do a total reinstall?

I just tried overclocking, i can post at 3200+ with the one stick but again the same thing happens, so it isnt just the memory its if i change the bios settings too

Out of curiousity, what happens when you test each stick individually?

If you want to hop on AIM an IM OCZSean, I will try and give you some suggestions.

I'm just making a bootable copy of an xp cd.. so what im going to try 1st is put the ram in, format and then install a clean copy of xp without 98 and see what happens cus i believe if install it with the ram in it will work,

ill also test each stick individually but i dont think thats the problem cus when both are installed they register, and i have used both of them on another xp installation with a different mobo and graphics

Also, have you determined whether this was a software error or a hardware issue? Try running memtest86.

Back