• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge Cooling for Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squirtle632

I bought a Northbridge cooler for my Intel 845BGL board.
A few questions:
Is this really going to make a difference in temps since I cannot overclock but want lower temps.
How does one go about removing the heat sink from the Northbridge so as NOT to break anything? The MB is still mounted in the case and is really not feasible to remove. (AKA too much crap in there) :)

Well, your Northbridge heatsink is a fairly odd one, as it uses the same sort of idea for mounting as Intel thought about for its processor cooling, with the black spider-like retention. You can probably easily remove this - I'm not sure if it has thermal epoxy on it as well, however.

Since you're not overclocking, why bother? You're not going to gain a thing (besides maybe a headache if things go wrong) and you're risking a perfectly good cooling solution to put in something that probably won't perform as well (your NB HS is very large and performs very well). There is no point to the switch, and I would reccomend that you don't do this. This also won't affect your CPU temps (if any, maybe 1C or less).

Your temps are already great. No need to go messing with it.

Oh yeah... and SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE! *Lame Pokemon reference warning*

Your temps are already great. No need to go messing with it.

Oh yeah... and SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE! *Lame Pokemon reference warning* [/B][/QUOTE]
HEY be NICE :p

As far as the Fan solution............ I just have the mod thing going....

if oyure going to do this, just be careful while at it, and since youre already here im almost sure youll end up overclocking :p so it can help ya in the future

Back