• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU WB, NB WB .... my temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Byter

Hi

I wanted to check with u guyz where do i stand with my temps.

I got a setup of a eheim1250,swiftech rad 2x120,acrylic res (`5.25) and an EMP water blocks (CPU,NB) tubes r 3/8OD...

cpunb.jpg

i got a 1700+ DLT3C @ 2234 @ 1.7V on a 8rga+ VDD @ 1.8V
rad fans at 7V~
room temp 26-27C
idle 39-41
load 43-46

humidity 90%-100%... :( its summer here...

pump>>cpublock>>nb block>>rad>>res>>pump...

what do u think ?

Last edited:
you should always place the rad b4 the cpu block so that when the cooled water exits the rad it will go to the cpu first.

Nice setup! I get about the same temps as you on water.

My CPU block also is right after the pump. I figured i'd get more pressure in the waterblock that way and maybe get lower temps.

The Byter said:
ok, and what about my steup ? is it normal ?

You have a nice setup there.
When i compare our temps, i'd say we have an average setup. There are people out there that are able to keep the CPU at almost at room temp!
Anyway, yes, your system is normal.

YviE said:
There are people out there that are able to keep the CPU at almost at room temp!
Don't believe everything you read or see. It is an impossibility to keep a CPU at room temp with straight water cooling. It is against the laws of physics. In reality, with a block like the White Water or the Cascade, your CPU temps 'could' be roughly 16C - 19C ABOVE water temps. Now water temps depend on many things as well, but I would say the 'average' is about 4 - 7C ABOVE ambient temps. Now of course, these numbers will vary depending on many things but as you can see, there is no one with CPU temps close to ambient with straight H20.

The Byter said:
what can i do to make it better ?

bigger tubes ? better block ?
Yes and yes but, just how much better is the question. I can tell you that the rad you are using is terrible. If you switched to a heatercore or even a Black Ice Extreme you would be much better off. I would also quickly ditch the 90 degree fittings from the WB to the NB, they kill flow in a hurry. They look nice, but the pump hates them.

YviE said:
My rad is crappy too. It's HWlabs that makes the Black Ice radiators, right? Are they really that good?
No. A heater core will work better. My point was that even the BIX would be a huge improvement over the Swifech (hayden) rad.

Yes i've seen that many are using heatercores, especially chevette heatercores. But i can't get them here in France. Are there any others that are good too? I've seen someone using a Camry heatercore.

YviE said:
Yes i've seen that many are using heatercores, especially chevette heatercores. But i can't get them here in France. Are there any others that are good too? I've seen someone using a Camry heatercore.
Yes, most heater cores are good. It is all about finding the size that will fit in your case though and the chevette is a good size, about 6x6 inches. Just make sure (most of them are) the core is copper/brass and NOT aluminum.

nikhsub1 said:

Don't believe everything you read or see. It is an impossibility to keep a CPU at room temp with straight water cooling. It is against the laws of physics. In reality, with a block like the White Water or the Cascade, your CPU temps 'could' be roughly 16C - 19C ABOVE water temps. Now water temps depend on many things as well, but I would say the 'average' is about 4 - 7C ABOVE ambient temps. Now of course, these numbers will vary depending on many things but as you can see, there is no one with CPU temps close to ambient with straight H20.

:eek: 16 to 19C above room temp? Well I agree that keeping CPU at room temp sounds too good to be true, but mine is 30C idle with room temp at 27. After 2 hours of BF1942, it runs at 37C

I've read quite a bit of reviews of waterblocks, claiming temps almost as low as ambient....
I guess i should stop reading them and get my info on the forum.

With the same board and a 1700 DUT3C @ 2261 @1.85 and Vdd @1.9 I am seeing 40 under load with an old Danger Den Maze1 and 120mm DD cooling cube. I think you should go from rad. to CPU and also redo the CPU to NB to eliminate the 2 - 90's which really kill flow. It's a nice looking setup, where did you get those blocks?

Back