• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Parts for cheap water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
im trying to build the system i mentioned in other forums (a [email protected]) i was told water cooling could do it, but i need to find parts for this to cool the cpu maybe the hds and definitly the vid card... if i can the northbridge and southbridge without haveing trouble to mount..... it would be a p4 2.4c geforce fx5600 and the motherboard is still up to see what can overclock that high......

i am open to suggestion from ALL!!! everyones help is appreciated GREATLY!

ps: the plates for it to fit, the tubes, the waterblock pump.... etc... never built one on my own yet, but heard great things if done right!

Hey bro. I really doubt you can get 4.5GHz. With a decent watercooling system you can expect around 50-60% increase in clock speeds (for this processor). You could probably build a custom setup and get slightly more. If you wanted to get more of an increase than this, I'd suggest adding peltiers to your watercooling. This is easy to upgrade to later by the way. If you REALLY wanted to get some performance, I would suggest an (expensive as hell) AseTek VapoChill system or a Prometia system. Here's an article on watercooling the P4 2.4 using a Koolance Exodus system. If you want me to outline a good watercooling/wc+peltier system, just send me an email. Hope this helps

PS - you can typically get 3GHz with stock cooling.

you mean air cooled? and 3.5 with water cooled? i read there article...but i heard that koolance isnt the grreated water cooler..

I would start in our very own classifieds. there are some very good deals there right now.

Yes, 4.5 GHz is quite optimistic on standard watercooling. Expect somewhere around 3-3.5 GHz, but remember, nothing is guaranteed. You may net even reach 2 .401. :) Good luck.

1: I want 4.5 GHz out of my chip :( Like everyone else said, shoot for 3.3 and you'll be happy (Youll hit 3.4-3.6)

2: Dont WC the northy, its a waste, just get a good heat sink and fan and replace it, it will simplify your setup quite a bit and allow more water flow to the CPU and VC.

3: Dont WC the HDs, unless youre goin for a crazy system like the guy who watercooled his keyboard and mouse :p

Check here for a GREAT list of parts! I can guarantee it will have pretty much everything you need.

lol the link is to oc search, lol,, i need to know the list i would need to buy, i dont know what to search for,, also i dont have access yet to classifieds to look in there..

Just a quick tip. All the really important information is in the COOLING STICKIES!!! It's like Cliffs Notes or "Cooling for Dummies." Read those stickies and all their links, and in a few hours you will have amassed many years of cooling knowledge.

In case you can't follow links, here's a component breakdown (linked from the stickies) of what a beginner may want in his/her watercooling system.

Hope this helps. Come back armed with some serious questions once you've read all that, and you'll have your watercooling system bought within a week. :)

Back