• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.45 Nforce drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kct2

Anyone using these yet on the nf7? They were released yesterday, link .

I have read elsewhere that you need to uninstall your video card drivers before you uninstall the nforce drivers. Not sure if it is an ATI specific problem (can't test right now..powersupply dead :( ). But apparently the computer will reboot to a blank screen if you uninstall the nforce drivers before uninstalling the video drivers.

Me and a few other people posted this info yesterday ;)...and I had no problems using a Nvidia card...but since my VC drivers are newer then the ones that come with the new NF2 drivers...it didn't install them...and the new memory controller help my memory bandwidth and so far so good on the sound...doesn't get the cracking sound after playing games for a few hours...and no I do not have the SB cooled...but the sound still fades after a while...from the SB getting too hot...

Did a few more test...HD scores are about 100 marks less with the new drivers...using PCMark...even changing cables do not help...

They seem to work just fine for me. glock why don't you have some sort of heatsink on the sb? Its nice they didn't inlucde half working ide drivers this time.

Back