• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need to find a heatsink!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zavnao

I've found countless reviews online for different great heatsinks, but one especially stood out: The Cooler Master X-Dream SE. What made me like this particular heatsink fan combo is the great ratings and reviews from countless websites, and of course the price that they estimated it at. The problem is that I CAN'T FIND IT FOR SALE ANYWHERE!!! None of my favorite online stores carry it, and I'm having no luck with search engines, because all they show me are reviews. PLEASE HELP! I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!!!!

I have not heard of that heatsink either. despite the reviews you have heard, I think the best FAN for the heatsink is the Thermal Take Smart Fan 2. IMO its the best 80mm fan money can buy. You get a ton for your money too.

As for the heatsink, the Thermal Right Slk 800 and 900 are THE BEST. If you get the 800, you might want to look into getting the slk 800 U that has a different kind of mounting mechanism that might be better for the mobo/socket with a heavy heatsink like that.

For a heatsink that performs very well but is cheaper and more easily affordable, you might want to look into the Thermal Right Sk-7. It is ALMOST as good as the slk800 IMO.

links to the websites with infor on the heastinks and the fans is here

the smt fan 2, www.thermaltake.com - this fan performs better than the specifications on the website.

the heastsinks, www.thermalright.com

and vantec, has plenty of nift cooling products too, BUT, im not going to link to them becuase in the good nature of our forums we should click the ad at the top to get there ;)

I have heard of the heatsink, and the reviews i have seen have also generally been positive, but as OLMI and modenaf1 said the SLKs are THE best.

alot of people swear by the SLK 800's but i have a swiftech mcx4000 and a cheesy aluminum 80mm fan, so far my highest load was 44ºC and as low as 41ºC full load, depending on the temperature of the house.

looks cool also imo :)

I use a p4, but dunno if it's AMD compatable, didn't check. Not sure what processor you running.

Go to the coolermaster website Here. Then click on the "retail" button and then the "where 2buy". That should give you a few ideas of where you can get one.

Well I would of course recommend the slk900 or 800 but for a little cheaper but still really good results get the vantec aeroflow. My highest temp is the mid 40s and that is with my max overclock which I don't run at all the time.

I can find plenty of XDreams (plain jane ones), however I can't find the SE for sale anywhere as well. My next step would be to contact CoolerMaster themselves.

The SK-6/7 coupled with an adjustable fan will give you the same results, if not better.

Duner said:
Go to the coolermaster website Here. Then click on the "retail" button and then the "where 2buy". That should give you a few ideas of where you can get one.

None of those retailers carry the SE Xdream Model.

**Update**
I did find one retailer selling it.. However it is not in stock at the moment :(. Click. Also an interesting note: When I searched for its model ID, it came up with many Aero 7s... Which leads me to believe that CoolerMaster has ditched the Xdream SE's fan and replaced it with a squirrel cage blower, keeping the SE's actual heatsink component.

Last edited:
i was looking for that hsf too and i couldnt find it anywhere and so i gave up and bought the aero 7+. It has the same heatsink but with a blower type fan.

Back