• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X V. 20 Not detecting Hard Drive Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I have a Maxtor Hard Drive in my computer that's an ATA133. When the computer is posting it onlydetects it as a 33 and hard drive performance is horrible. Anyone have any ideas? I tried looking for settings in the bios with no luck.

Your running an Asus mobo.....lol, I'v have bad exp with them. Atleast your title leads us to beleive you are running an asus mobo.

wrongforum.jpg

You could look around in the bios. What are the jumper settings? have you tryed another bios? I think you are talking about the Nf7 mobo not the Asus A7N8X but if you are the wrong forum still stands. Even though there is no bios 20 for a7n8x. So I will assume you are talking about the nf7. Have you tred clearing your bios? Do you know anyone with the last name of duek?

Last edited:
Most systems give you a nice, neat one line warning message during the post that is very easy to miss regarding the use of a 40 wire cable when it is detected on a channel with ATA66 or higher devices.

Yeah these asus boards don't even show that screen, and if they do, it's a blink of an eye and that's when I saw the number 80, it made me double check the ribbon cable.

Back